Socially and environmentally sustainable food
You know you're a pregnant farmer when...
- You close your coveralls with safety pins because you can’t get the zipper around your expanding belly
- Upon finding you are pregnant, you are immediately added to the cow gestation calendar
- You mourn the day you no longer fit through the man door and have to actually open the gate
- You stash the milker towels on top of your belly during chores
- Your doctor has to be flexible in her rules. While you shouldn’t run too hard, if all the cows get out, you do what you need to.
- Your due date is talked about in relations to the cows due close to you. (Hey Guinevere!)
- Your husband will relate everything back to the cows during appointments. You will want to disappear when he says “That light-up speculum would be great for breeding goats”
- You routinely ask your vet for advice
- You count the seconds until you can getback into the barn